Reading place yakubu aiyegbeni at top of summer shopping list

Yakubu Aiyegbeni is in the hit list of Reading in Summer Transfer window.The Championship winners will only make a move for the experienced Nigerian striker if Blackburn Rovers are relegated from the Premier League this season.

Yakubu Aiyegbeni blackburn
Reading are preparing a summer swoop for Blackburn Rovers striker Yakubu, Goal.com can reveal.

The Championship winners have placed the Nigerian at the top of their summer shopping list and want him to lead their line when they return to the Premier League next season.

However, Goal.com has learned that Reading will only make a move if Rovers are relegated from the top flight.

The Berkshire club have won the Championship despite scoring a relatively paltry 69 goals in 45 games, with their top scorers Adam Le Fondre with 12 goals, Noel Hunt (eight) and Simon Church (seven).

Yakubu, 29, has two years remaining on his Blackburn contract after moving from Everton for £1.5 million last summer.

But he is unlikely to be willing to drop down a division following a prolific season in which his Premier League haul of 16 goals from 27 matches is bettered only by Robin van Persie, Wayne Rooney and Sergio Aguero.

Yakubu, who is playing for his fifth English club since moving to Portsmouth in 2003, revealed in February that he rejected interest from QPR in the January window.

"I said 'I don’t want to go'," he explained. "Blackburn gave me the opportunity to play in the Premier League again so for me to just go and want to leave, I don’t want to do that.

"I’m lucky to be here, they gave me the opportunity to prove myself so why do I have to leave? I had made the decision I didn’t want to leave, I wanted to stay here and help the team stay in the Premier League."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks In Text Ads

Search