Harry Redknapp eyeing new Tottenham deal after England snub

Harry Redknapp has admitted he is not expecting to become the next England manager after the Football Association entered talks with Roy Hodgson about succeeding Fabio Capello.
Spurs boss admits he doesn't believe he will be offered the chance to manage the Three Lions following FA's approach for West Brom boss and now wants a new contract at Spurs.
Aarry Redknapp


The Tottenham boss was the initial overwhelming favourite to take over from the Italian after leading Spurs to a top-three spot, but form has tailed off at White Hart Lane since, possibly costing Redknapp a chance to lead the Three Lions.

A 'shocked' Hodgson had also expected the former Portsmouth boss to get the national job, but has been revealed as the only candidate in discussions with the FA and Redknapp wished the former Liverpool manager luck, if he takes the job on and believes he will do a great job.

"I can't see it [the England job] coming up for me now," Redknapp told The Times.

"Good luck to Roy. Everyone else was saying I might get it but I never spoke to [Tottenham chairman] Daniel Levy about England."

He added to Sky Sports News: "I like Roy he’s a top man. A good guy and I’m sure he will make it a success."


He added: "I've got a great job at Spurs and I'd like to continue that for as long as I can. It's up to Daniel whether I get a new contract but I'd like to stay on.The 65-year-old revealed he is happy to stay with the north London side and is eyeing a new contract to remain at the club for the foreseeable future - despite a tricky run of form which has dented Tottenham’s Champions League hopes for next season.

"We've had a few difficult weeks but it's been a great four years. I will plan the future here."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks In Text Ads

Search